A Hungry Friend



Working on improving my relationships by spending more time with others and by making phone calls to friends in recovery.  Called a friend tonight.  He asked for help with a few bucks.  He had some cereal yesterday and had not eaten today.   Took him down to the Kirkland Marina, we watched the sunset, bought him a burger and fries and on the way home stopped to get $20 worth of groceries.

I have heard suggested that it is best to do these things for others without telling anyone.  That might be true.  It is new-ish behavior for me.  By writing about it, I get to process the experience a bit more fully.  There are obvious reasons to not simply give an addict in early recovery money.  Food is a much healthier and surefire investment when helping others.

We are going to go for a drive on Friday.  It will both of us out of our homes, be a nice scenic drive and help make for a better relationship.

I am grateful to be able to be of service to others today.  It sure is a lot nicer to be the one buying food than being the one without food.  I am blessed to have the resources I have in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment