Bactrim

My left leg has a blood clots in my major veins resulting in poorer circulation in an already paralyzed lower body from a spinal cord injury.  14 years ago my leg was red, hot and swollen.  That freaked me out and I headed directly to the Emergency Room.  Turns out that I am prone to cellulitis.  After several trips to the ER in as many years, the treatment was to put me on Bactrim for life.

Today my leg was again hot and swollen.  Not sure what happened, maybe I missed a few doses of Bactrim or the problem is getting worse.  I took two extra pills tonight and elevated my leg.  Hopefully that will reduce the swelling and inflammation.  I vastly prefer to not go to the hospital ER for IV antibiotics or have it be some other even worse problem.

I am grateful for Bactrim and many other modern antibiotics that have saved my life countless times since my early teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment