The Wandering Goose

Picked up Greg at the airport this morning.  His flight got in a few minutes early.  Fortunately TM was 30 minutes early to meet me and I was 15 minutes early.    TM had recently moved to West Seattle but traffic was light on my way into Seattle and over to West Seattle.  Greg did not have to wait long.

They are both foodies.  I like eating but lack an acute sense of taste or smell.  We went to the Wandering Goose in NE Capital Hill.  They serve breakfast and lunch with a flair for comfort food of the south.  It was really good.  TWG has a fried chicken Friday that I would like to try some afternoon.

It was good to see Greg doing well.  He will have 10 months next week.  This was the first time in years that he moved out a long-term hotel stay while working out of town without a relapse.  When he goes back to work next week, he will likely move into an Oxford-type sober house.  I certainly encourage him to do that.  Working mass hours out of a hotel room is high-risk for addicts, especially those of us with a history of relapse.


I am grateful to be sober to be able get Greg at the airport and that he is doing well.  It sure beats the alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment