Playing With Silver

After a front room reorganization and cleanup, I am finally back to project 2 from a jewelry metalsmithing book.  Hammering a disk out of a ball of melted silver took off like a rocket—several times as the bb-sized pieces went flying.  I stepped around that task by making disks using a circular punch on silver sheet metal.   That was quick and easy.

The lesson there is that there are many ways to do these projects.  I need to do things in a way that works for me.

The prison meeting was intense and excellent tonight.  The topic was steps 8 & 9 on making amends to others.   I am making many indirect amends by helping others around me when I can’t fix something that happened 30 or 40 years ago.  Being of service to others gets me out of my head with my own best thinking that has invariably lead to big trouble over the years.


I am grateful to be happy today, for being of service to others and for good friends such as Leslee and Lisa who go to prison with me every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment