Still Baffled By Dead HTPC

Got my car fixed today.   I was concerned about possibly having to replace the expensive new catalytic converter after curb bumping yesterday.  My mechanic solved the problem with an hour’s worth of exhaust pipe bending and a new horseshoe clip.  Yay!  Had it towed to the shop and got a ride from Leslee tonight to pick it up.  Easy peazy.

Now I am back to working my no-video home theater PC (HTPC).  Playing swap with the memory sticks did not solve the problem.  I have already tried changing the CPU, motherboard and power supply.  I am baffled.   The next try will be different memory sticks.  The PC powers up with no video nor POST beeps.  There is no UEFI/BIOS screen either.  hmmm…   More will be revealed.

On the bright side, what did work today was the portable AC unit in my bedroom.  That was the best thing to have working today.

I missed having lunch with Sandy today.  She is five days away from getting married.  It would have be wonderful fun to hear about her frenzied pace to finish her wedding planning marathon.  It will be great to watch on Saturday.  I am sure it will go extremely well.

I am grateful for AC, sunny days, a working car, a great mechanic/auto shop, good friends and two working PCs.  (That reminds me that my old 2-core primary PC is still working but I have not used it in two years.)  I will get the two nice PC cases I have again working this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment