A Beautiful Wedding

My good friend of eight years got married today at the church where she works four days a week.  It was a beautiful well organized affair done in a unique way.  Round tables were set up in the chapel with for close to 100 friends and family members.

Guests arrived and socialized eventually finding a place to sit at a table.  A buffet table to fruit and snacks was opened.  People ate and chatted for an hour.  Sandy and Victor greeted and hugged nearly everybody if not all in attendance.  Sandy was beautiful in a full sleeveless wedding dress with her hair done to a beautiful perfection.  She was a blonde radiant Elven queen.  The ceremony started with a Beatle song snippet about “home”.  Much sharing of love ensued.  They really know and love each other.  It was a mature love with their adult children watching mom and dad get married.

Sandy had encouraged me to do many things.  Two that were more clear than most were to get some sponsees and to call Art.  As it happened, Art sat next to me at the service.  Before we left, I got his phone number and talked about calling him.  By request, there were few gifts shared since they live in an apartment that is already chock full of their stuff.  While giving Sandy a hug goodbye, I told her my wedding gift to her was that I would take her “suggestion” to heart and call Art.  She was clearly touched.  We shared some more hugs.  I love Sandy very much.

I don’t go to many weddings.  This was the closest friend I ever had get married.  It was wonderful to enjoy their day as we all shared our love with each other.

I am grateful for my close friendship of eight years with Sandy.  I am very happy for her and Victor and hope that they have a long wonderful loving life together.  Blessed be and Amen!





1 comment: