Back Pain

I have medium/mild usually steady chronic pain in my right hip whenever I am sitting in my wheelchair.  It usually goes away after I lie down for a few minutes. 

Sometimes I will get a back in my lower back at the intersection of my hip and my spinal column.  I think it is due to a weak muscle due to lack of nerve power that occasionally gets a bit stretched.  That pain kept me awake most of the night last night and I did not feel good this morning.    I took the day off and slacked off between reading, napping, watching a movie and metalsmithing.  The pain in my back is mostly better now.

After 33 years with a spinal cord injury, most people have torn up their shoulders.  I have been extremely blessed for that to have not happened yet.


I am grateful that I have not had serious upper body joint problems.  That is the difference between living independently in my apartment and having to either get an attendant or live in a nursing facility.  I dread becoming on another person to be able to get up and around.  Thank you god, exercise, luck and good genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment