The Last Hottest Day Of The Year

It was 94° in Seattle today.  We ran an errand to Seattle this morning and had several dim sum at the House of Hong in Chinatown on our way home.  The food was good.  It was a beautiful day for me and too hot for Lea.  After that it was a pretty quiet day reading in the air conditioned bedroom.

I had a heat stroke 30 years ago while driving to Seattle in northern California.  Clearly there was a problem beyond my feeling terrible.  I had stopped sweating in 100°+ heat.  Margaret was driving.  I remember pouring water on my head from a gallon jug.   That was a miserable experience that I fortunately don’t remember all that well.

It will likely not get much beyond 80° for the next or even nine months for that matter.  It has been a pleasant summer with a bit of gardening on my deck, a great wedding and lots of meetings.

I am grateful for our temperate climate, good friends, great TV reruns such as Game of Thrones, and warm sunny days.




1 comment:

  1. Vancouver Washington was 99 oh, my living Lord, it is miserable the humidity and today only 79 we could not sleep we have a 1978 house with no air conditioning..We have fans but one only blows hot humid air in the house by the time it is nearly 100 outside, our kitty cats feel like they are gonna die, we took both to a vet clinic for felines only for 4 days of comfort and spoiling..I will clean for the female feline clinic for many weekends, since it would cost us $200 for that 4 day stay of our two kitty cats.>We wish we could go someplace the libraries are full the malls are hot..but we are alive and we are mourning the loss of Robin Williams, our only met him once, I adored his acting and my hubs too..He was a humanitarian for the troops too..We don't understand our country lacking in mental health facilities for people with desperate needs who are suicidal if one person can be saved it would be so worth it to fund mental health clinics..take care and Kudos to you for helping yourself and others to stay sober and to be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete