Making The Call and Thinking It Through

Throughout my 14+ years of 12-step recovery, I was truly relieved from wanting to use my drug of choice, crack cocaine.  This time around has been much better than ever before.  Nonetheless in the late afternoon both yesterday and today, I was plagued with using thoughts.  Yesterday I went to my home group and got immediate relief.   Today I called Greg and talked it over with him—once again getting relief.

I have always been as sick as my secrets.  In the past, I thought being stoic was an admirable way to live.  Now I know differently.  My secrets will take me out.  Today I have fewer secrets and hold onto them for much shorter intervals.  I still have my lies of omission.  I have made fantastic progress, but there is a long ways to go before I am an open book.

Swam for an hour today.  It was my most vigorous workout in decades.  I am much more physically fit than I was a mere two months ago.  Swam right out of my swimming suit due to a major wardrobe malfunction.  Fortunately I noticed my suit floating behind me in the pool before I had gone 5 feet and was able to quickly get it back on with a little help from a therapist.  I have no butt to hang my suit on and a big belly to push it off.  This was the first time that happened so thoroughly in swimming nearly a hundred times since I was paralyzed 32 years ago.  I will be more careful in the future!

I am grateful for the love, support and help from friends, acquaintances and strangers.


No comments:

Post a Comment