A Different Kind of Introspective

I have always been an introspective introvert.  I use my introspection to try to make sense of the world.  My “biases” (delusions) used to be set on having to find an interpretation where I was “right” and how others I had wronged me—basically condemning myself to being the eternal victim filled with self-righteous anger.  Now I my introspection bias helps me to find a way to interpret events around me in such a way that I am happy or at least serene most of the time.

I spend much less time on introspection now and a lot more time on living in the moment.  My relationships tend to take place in realtime instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future while interacting with others.   I am far from always being in the moment, but it is fantastically better than how it used to be.

I am grateful for being more vulnerable/emotionally available and have better relationships with my friends and acquaintances.   Since I am only as sick as my secrets being able to share my secrets with them makes me a lot less sick.



No comments:

Post a Comment