Another Day Sober

I have not used in 5.5 months.   At this morning’s meeting, a guy talked about having 20 years last August and not being able to stay sober at all now.  Another guy had 15 years and now has a year.  Another woman had 5 years that she has not come closed to be able to get to for the last 10 years.  Alcoholism is a cunning baffling and powerful disease.

My friend Greg planned to come home tonight for the Labor Day weekend after working all summer in Minneapolis.  We usually talk every day.  I had not heard from him in three days.  He was not at the airport when I went to pick him up (in case he lost his phone and still made it home).  He is undoubtedly back out and now feeling terrible guilt and shame while stuck in the thrall of his addiction.


I am grateful for AA meetings where I get to learn about commonality, losing my terminal uniqueness, there is a solution and how I can live in the solution one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment