Costco Shopping for Cat Food and Kitty Litter

My cats Bug and Jenny have been a part of my home for over seven years.  When I first got them, I would buy food and kitty litter for them from whatever grocery store I was in or from Petco.  Quality and price varied by the store and even sometimes while at the same store.

I soon started buying their food and litter at Costco.  Since then, it has been the same high quality Costco house brand, Kirkland, cat food.  They changed litter once early on.   My cats have never been sick beyond the occasional hairball.  Jenny is skinny.  Bug is slightly chubby.  On the average, they are just right.

A 25 lb bag of food lasts 6 months or more.  The cats like the food to be in sealed containers.  I open the bag, load up 8 large plastic peanut butter jars and store them in the cupboard for easy feeding.  A jar lasts a week.  I keep the bag sealed/rolled up tight in the pantry.  It is an easy inexpensive (except for the part where I spend $200+ on every trip to Costco!) convenient system.

I am grateful for my healthy friendly happy cats and for the reliable high-quality low-cost supplies from Costco.  Bug and Jenny are the first two housecats I ever owned.  I love them very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment