Grateful for Mindfulness in July

Stuck for a topic and wanting to go to bed after an evening swim, I will acknowledge being grateful for the multiple challenging experiences last month that were handled with mindfulness and composure.

Flat tires on my wheelchair, my car being towed, being flaked on by a friend in Vancouver BC, delays in getting my roommate’s rent subsidy completed, relapses by close friends in recovery, and other irritations were handled as they came up without my mind ruminating excessively on the problems so much that I had a bad day.  It was not perfect, but it was fantastically better than how it used to be.


I am grateful for my newfound mindfulness and that for all the opportunities to practice mindfulness in the face of challenging circumstances that, while serious at the time, featured no major health or financial crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment