Progress Over the Last 365 Days

One year ago tomorrow (2012 was a leap year), I met Sandy for dinner.   It was my first day day of recovery after an 8 month crack spree.   It was the most profound meal I ever had.  I realized during our discussion that relationships were the most important thing in my life.  Then and even now, it seems that I was a slow learner to figure out what a healthy child would hopefully now.  Nonetheless, better late than never.

This last year has been the best year for relationships in my life.  I made a few new close friends.  More nearly what happened is the ones I have are far closer than ever before in my life.  My relapse was caused in great part by lies of omission, i.e., not telling others what I was thinking or feeling.  While not perfect at sharing, I am fantastically better than how I used to be.

There was one more relapse in March.  I have 8 months of continuous sobriety today.  Yay me!


I am very grateful for better relationships and my 8 months of sobriety.  That is a lot of progress from how it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment