Ambiguity and the Veterinarian

For the first time in my life, today I took one of my pets to the vet.  Jenny had a dozen small weird bumps on her throat and a few others scattered around her body.  The vet did not know the source of the bumps.  She projected that there were from an allergy to some new material in our apartment.  That was ambiguous.  She gave Jenny a shot that will turn off her allergic reactions for six weeks.  Hopefully that will give enough time for whatever mysterious allergen that might be to go away.

I am much more capable of handling ambiguity in my life these days than how it used to be.  I will hope for the best, throw out a nice big scratching post that Lea found by the dumpster and see what happens in 6 weeks.  Bug has a few similar bumps.  Hopefully those will go away on their own.


I am grateful that my cats are reasonably okay and that I am much better at dealing with ambiguity.  Lea did a fantastic job of holding Jenny while the vet examined her.  The vet, Dr Debbie Wallingford, had a fantastic bed side manner and was great with both Jenny and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment