Dentures and Lunch

Lea finally got her dentures today after having her teeth pulled in May.  They look good and are an awkward fit in her month of months of no teeth and years of bad teeth. The top set have a vacuum seal and the bottom set tend to float in her mouth.  They will take time to get used to. 

After getting Lea’s denture at the UW Dental School, we went to get Dan for lunch.  He was having a problem with his PC.  I resolved the problem by setting Internet Explorer his homepage to his CenturyLink email and we went to lunch at Ivar’s. 

All three of us had grilled salmon with hollandaise sauce, deep fried green beans and mashed potatoes.

I dropped Lea off at home and took my car to the shop since it was running rough and the check engine light came on.  I need new spark plug wires and plugs.  I ordered them today and will have them installed in a day or two.

After that, I went swimming, came home to a nice clean apartment the girls had cleaned, went to a 5:30 meeting about having something sweet to eat from Chapter 9 of the Living Sober book and then read The Doctor’s Opinion from the Big Book with Greg at the Alano Club.  Greg and I discussed some related AA trivia.  After that, I dropped him off at the transit center and came home.  It was a full day for me. 

Lea will have carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow.  I tried talking to her about there being too much of a good thing that will knock us off the sober center just as surely as bad things can do.  She denied that could be a problem.  When I started to write my Gratitude blog post, the last dealer she lived with called for her.  I let him know she was sleeping.  I don’t know if she called him first or not.  I do know from when I first tried to get sober 14 years ago that misery loves company.  Addicts in active addiction will try to get those of us trying to get sober to use again.

I am grateful to be sober, of service to others, have the PC savvy to be able to help Dan, know what the problem is with my car, a good swim, a meeting and to help my friend Greg stay sober one more day.


1 comment:

  1. Good job there! It is important to get them through the rigors of sickness and healing, especially in stuff like carpal tunnel surgery. That process is no joke and can hurt quite a bit. Hope those dentures are working well for her, and are working like her teeth had never left.

    Kent @ Dentures Done Right

    ReplyDelete