2013 District 34 Gratitude Dinner

For the 12th year in a row, I went to the District 34 Gratitude Dinner at the North Bellevue Community Center.  For me, it my version of a large family holiday dinner.  It is a happy time with lots of food, joy and love.

There were 10 of us from my Sunday night Steppin Up home group meeting.  The group had signed up to wash serving dishes after dinner during the Alanon and AA speakers.  They were done by the time the Alanon speaker finished.  The AA speaker, Elton, had literally died from alcoholism and was brought back to life by EMTs with heart paddles.  He was definitely a real alcoholic.  He will have 6 years sobriety in December. 


I am grateful for the AA program of recovery and the fellowship of fellow trudgers in recovery on the road of happy destinies.

No comments:

Post a Comment