Keeping Optimism Afloat

The other Steps can keep most of us sober and some- how functioning. But Step Eleven can keep us growing, . . .THE LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, p. 240

A sober alcoholic finds it much easier to be optimistic about life. Optimism is the natural result of my finding myself gradually able to make the best, rather than the worst, of each situation. As my physical sobriety continues, I come out of the fog, gain a clearer perspective and am better able to determine what courses of action to take. As vital as physical sobriety is, I can achieve a greater potential for myself by developing an ever-increasing willingness to avail myself of the guidance and direction of a Higher Power. My ability to do so comes from my learning-and practicing-the principles of the A.A. program. The melding of my physical and spiritual sobriety produces the substance of a more positive life.  From the book Daily Reflections  November 2nd.

My emotional intelligence has vastly improved this year.  While talking with my doctor of eight years yesterday, she told me that I was more mature than how I used to be.  There was no denying that medical opinion!  I am more mature and much more available to be in relationship with myself and with others.

I am grateful for my increased emotional intelligence, maturity, and for evolving into becoming the kind and loving Kevin that I was always meant to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment