Even A Bad Day is Still Pretty Good

Having problems with my car after a friend changed the spark plug wires and spark plugs, the girls have a thing about leaving dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink, the Xmas tree was moved so that when I closed the blinds last night I broke an ornament trying to get by, Lea leaves the car seat in a reclined position making it harder to put my wheelchair in the back seat.

When I explain that I am willing to help them with care-giving and not care-taking by doing things for the grils that they could do for themselves, today was a series of non-listening defensive bs that is annoying.  We have had nearly three good weeks in a row.  It is hard for addicts to deal with calm progress without self-destructive behavior.  We have done well so far.

Alice, a former home-group member, loved to use the phrase “a classier set of problems today”.  Indeed, our problems are a lot better than how they used to be.  Two dirty coffee cups on the counter is nothing compared to lying stealing addicts in active addiction.  Worst case (presumably) is my car will be fixed by my mechanic tomorrow.


I am grateful for a much classier set of problems today.  Today’s swim was a vigorous one with a majority of the distance spent doing a crawl stroke.  It has been sunny and dry for the last five days—excellent weather for November in Seattle.  Breakfast and worship (singing and music) at church went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment