A Routine Day

Did the usual Friday today.  Read some AA literature including the 11th step from the big book, went to the clinic, got some pastries for the AM Reflections meeting at which I am the Friday morning secretary, went to the mall to meet with Charlie and Mike, home for lunch and a nap, an evening swim, a sandwich for dinner and now it is time for some TV watching.  A slight twist on the day is that Lea meet with her temporary sponsor Margie at the mall.

I have worked hard this year on develop healthy daily routines.  These routines have worked incredibly well for me.  At most, I now have to figure out what time to go swimming compared how it used to be agonizing over whether to go to a meeting, then what meeting and time to go, whether or not to meet with others, and hoping that I had meditated in the morning.


I am grateful for the many healthy routines and habits in my life.   It is a lot easier to go do the next indicated thing when it is mapped out for me every day on a calendar instead of another day of “spontaneous” (read “chaotic”) activities hoping that I will get better.  I know these routines work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment