Living In The Moment aka Being Mindful

There have been many positive changes in my life this year.  Two roommates in early recovery and near daily swimming have made my life richer and better.  Roommates come and go.  I am not as diligent with daily swimming as I would like to be although my exercise regime is infinitely better than how it was until last May.  I do meditate every day, ideally every morning and it is my go to response when I am feeling good, bad or have a moment during the day.

Using meditation to be mindful has leads me to spend much less time ruminating about the past (depression) or worrying about the future (anxiety).  Invariably my present moments are pretty good.  I have a warm convenient place to live, plenty of food, reliable transportation, good friends, economic security and reasonably stable health.


I am grateful for my vastly improved mindfulness mindset with long moments of equanimity and shorter moments of negative rumination on perceived problems with past and future events.

No comments:

Post a Comment