The Joy of Sharing

Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends — this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.  AA BB  p. 89

To know that each newcomer with whom I share has the opportunity to experience the relief that I have found in this Fellowship fills me with joy and gratitude. I feel that all the things described in A.A. will come to pass for them, as they have for me, if they seize the opportunity and embrace the program fully.

Read the last 8 pages of the 4th step from the 12x12 with Greg tonight after the 5:30 meeting.  That got me out of my head where I was likely about to have an argument with Lea and my apartment for a few hours.

I gave up waiting on Michelle or Lea to take down the Xmas tree and took it down by myself this afternoon.  That was a well spent 30 minutes.  After getting home tonight, I did a thorough job of vacuuming the apartment while making a roast chicken dinner with steamed veggies.   I did miss swimming today, but feel good about having had a successful day due to working with Greg and taking action to have a cleaner place to live with a healthy dinner.


I am grateful for the tools of the program that have taught me how to take healthy right action to stay in a good mood and avoid getting into or stuck in negative emotions such as anger, self-pity and resentment.  Thank you god and AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment