Alternative Vendors

For the 32 years that I have used a wheelchair, shopping with wheelchair vendors has all too often been a horrible experience.  Last year, three local vendors consolidated into one non-competitive conglomerate.  As was expected, the shopping experience has taken a dismal turn to the worst ever.

Instead of being able to shop at a vendor a mile from home, now I have to go to a difficult to reach part of Lynnwood just to pick up parts.  Their policy is they must install the parts so it requires scheduling to get parts for my wheelchair that I would prefer to install myself.  There is a part I ordered last June, they still have not completed that order.

Fortunately there is an alternative on the far side of the country in Atlanta.  It is less expensive and they ship the parts directly to my home in a far more timely fashion.


I am grateful for shopping alternatives.

1 comment:

  1. Dear God, please make this process easier for everyone that needs it. And to think that I was complaining because I thought the wheel chair should be beautiful. I had no idea that it was so hard to buy or service it.

    Take care.

    Barbara Torris
    Retire in Style Blog

    ReplyDelete