Asking For Help

Our mother needs to file some paperwork after having it notarized.  My sister is in Australia and I can’t interact with my mother safely without a high probability of relapsing on crack cocaine.  I asked my friend Leslee if we could pay her to do this process for us.  She readily agreed to do so and even offered to do it for free.  This is a task I would much rather pay to have done than impose on friend to do it for free.

As non-ambulatory wheelchair user, I find it easy to ask for help at the grocery store for a fellow shopper to help me out to get something off the top shelf.  When it comes to the important things in life, it is much harder for me to ask for help.  I am getting better at admitting my limitations and asking for help.


I am grateful my increasingly open honesty in admitting to when I need help and being able to ask for what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment