Happy New Year 2014!

2013 was a year of great emotional growth for me.  Unfortunately it ended with a foul black mood settling over me on the last morning.  Fortunately, I am now better able to accept my feelings as being just feelings and not bound in the laws of physics like the speed of light.  I took action, went to a meeting and went swimming.  I felt better.

The morning of New Year’s day was less of the same.  I felt less bad and took less action.  I felt somewhat better.

I idly contemplated making a NY resolution for 2014 and came up with nothing…until now.  This year, I am going to take more action towards positive self-care to feel better.  That will include more swimming and working directly with others in early recovery by working the steps with them.


I am grateful to have survived this long and for having better tools to do a better job of self-care as I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment