Actually Having Done Right Action

After a rough week to put an exclamation point on my holiday depression, I got back to taking right action yesterday and today.  Yesterday Greg and I read How It Works from the AA big book.  He is going to do a 4th step.   Then I went to the prison meeting with Leslee and Lisa last night.  After secretarying this morning’s meeting, I met with Charlie, Margie, Mike and Diana at Crossroads Mall.  Then I went swimming for the first time in a week.  It was good to be back in the pool.

I managed to trigger Charlie’s spoiler alert buttons while talking about the movie The Wolf of Wall Street.  He walked off.  Margie had gone to register at Bellevue College.  Mike, Diana and I read the 10th step from the 12x12.  I was clearly wrong in having annoyed Charlie enough to walk off.  It was time to make amends.  The 10th Step was an excellent topic of discussion.  Charlie came back after buying a book (poetry by Alfred Tennyson) at Half-Price books. 

Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly—I am a lot better at taking right action than I used to be.  I feel a better now than I have all week, if not longer.


I am grateful for the tools of the program that teach me how to better take right action that helps me to overcome my depression and button-pushing behaviors.  It is a lot better to apologize than have to spend time in self-righteous indignation as a band-aid to cover up my true emotions for having hurt someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment