Acceptance is the Answer

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation-some fact of my life -unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.  Page 417.

This quote is from my favorite of the personal stories in the back of the AA Big Book.  It was written by an IV drug addicted doctor hooked on uppers and downers as a way to get through each day.   It tells me that when I am upset, it is a problem in my mind for refusing to accept the world as it is and expecting it to be how I think it should be.

I am grateful for my acceptance today.  It is not perfect, but I am much less frustrated by the world as it is and a lot happier with my life today.



No comments:

Post a Comment