Qwest DSL


I have two Qwest DSL accounts.  Qwest's weird billing schemes greatly encourage upgrading DSL speeds every 6 months.  Today I upgraded from 1.5 to 7 Mbps and the price went from 49.99 to 45 with a free month of service.  Experience has shown I will have to do that again in another 6 months.  My home account is a 40 Mbps download rate.

On the bright side, it will be faster and cheaper.  On the dark side, customers in the US pay more for slower internet than any other country in the OECD. 

Qwest also sends me emails about violating the TOS for uploading bitTorrent files.  It is not that I want to upload the files, but when I am downloading movies & shows, bitTorrent works best with reciprocity.  It is possible Qwest will cut me off from paying them $100/month to appease the RIAA.  At least the RIAA, stopped suing people as of 2008.  I read somewhere that they spent about $45 million to collect several hundred thousand dollars.

I love and am grateful for my high-speed internet service.  




PS: For some reason this was saved as a draft from 4/4/11 until today 10/11/11.  I think it lacked a title.
PPS:  Qwest is now CenturyLink.
PPPS:  It was published on 4/4, don't know why I randomly found this draft on my Blogger page tonight.   Oh well, since I am tracking how many times I post a gratitude blog this year, BONUS! It counts twice.  :) 
http://gratitude4me.blogspot.com/2011/04/high-speed-dsl-internet-access.html


No comments:

Post a Comment