completing multiple tasks


Today was a better than average good day.  I attended a monthly outreach committee meeting in Seattle, visited my mother, bought some spare nuts & bolts for my wheelchair, and attended a meeting at Echo Glen juvenile facility.  It felt good to complete tasks that I had set for myself in a timely fashion.

After all my gratitude writing and studying this year, I thought it would be good to make it easier for others to read about gratitude by publishing a compilation book of gratitude stories.  To help that along, I had made a motion in January at a meeting which was approved.  Then taken to the district where it was again approved and passed along to the area last summer.  The motion first had to be passed to get on the agenda at the assembly.  Today it was voted up at the assembly.  Next year, the area delegate will take the request for a compilation book back to the North American office to be considered by the board of directors and the publishing ‘subsidiary’ which is a stand-alone charity in its own right.   It is a slow process, but a lot more responsive then when I emailed the subsidiary management last year asking for a gratitude book and got no response at all.

In the past, a successful day like today would leave me with a feeling of “is this all there is?”  Today I get to be grateful for what I for a successful day and okay with there not being ‘more’.  I did commit to working on more projects now that I have finished the last project.

I am grateful for a successful day, completing commitments, being okay with today being good enough in a one day at a time sort of way and having more projects to work on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment