a productive day


Thanks to my intermittent sleep patterns, I was up at six this morning.  Nothing new there.  The bonus part was that I wrote a 1.5 page article for the local intergroup newsletter celebrating November as Gratitude Month.

After hitting for the cycle (MLB’s World Series is tied 2-2 for the Rangers-Cardinals matchup) of checking email, web surfing, reading a Kindle book, watching torrents, I got some more sleep and worked on an email that I will send out to 70+ friends inviting them to join me on SuperBetter.  I chatted by phone with several friends, cleaned my apartment and went to a different meeting tonight with Leslee.

I bought parts for new PC a month ago.  I saved the boxes in case I needed to take something back.  It has been almost 30 days which is the time limit for returns.  So I threw the boxes into the recycling with Leslee’s help and dumped the trash.  It feels good to have a living that is not strewn with a score of cardboard boxes and liners.  Now I have room to buy more PC parts to build a dedicated Home Theater PC to replace the HP laptop that works okay but really lacks the graphics power needed to make the HiDef movies play smoothly.

Part of having a better life is learning how to better reward myself for tasks completed.  Clean the living room, get more toys.  I have wanted a powerful HTPC for 5+ years.  Waiting for better components and reduced prices while using a laptop might not have been the first class solution, but it was at least a nice coach or business class solution. 

There is a new TV show called “Pan Am” on Sunday nights now.  My dad was a Pan Am pilot for 33 years.  They did not have Business Class back in the days of 707s.  While I have not flown on a jet in 20 years, from what I read about flying now, it is nothing like how it used to be.

I am rambling now.  Time to wrap it up.  It was a good day.  I even got a tiny bit if exercise and ate a spinach salad for dessert.

I am grateful for good days where I complete tasks while enjoying the process of working on them aka being in “flow” per Seligman in Flourish.  Especially when the results are trash dumped, rooms cleaned, time for more fun projects and feeling good about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment