A Passion For Reading

My earliest memory of wanting to read was envying Gary Moon in Kindergarten because he already knew how to read.  I was reading by first grade.  Almost a half-century later, my reading is still going strong.  Over the years, the media has changed from paperbacks to large-print to a Kindle.    I still read hardcovers that I get from the library.  Magazines and newspapers are a thing of the past.

Today I read for hours while waiting for Lea at her doctor’s and then while she was getting fitted for dentures.  The UW dental school is painfully slow for student-made dentures.  I am most of the way through Emotional IQ which is my current read-while-waiting book.  It has been a fascinating read.  I am committed to improving my Emotional IQ so that I will have better relationships with myself and others.


I am grateful for my love of reading along with the knowledge and pleasure that I get from reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment