A Chest Cold and Fever

I spent the day in bed with a so-so chest cold and mild fever.  I was sicker than I wanted to be, but it could have been much worse.  I had some cough syrup and Ibuprofen to help.  The cough syrup really helped me to be able to clear my lungs.  I get a flu shot every year and don’t usually get really bad colds.


I am grateful for: being able to cancel my simple schedule of swimming and a meeting for the day without financial consequences like all-to-many people that have to go to work no matter how sick they are because they need to the money; being reasonably healthy for my situation; a comfy king size bed; over the counter medications; torrents; football games; books on my Kindle; cheap convenient reliable electricity; my sobriety; hot and cold running water; and all the other amenities that help make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment