The Pool Has ReOpened

After four long weeks without swimming, the Bellevue Aquatic Center Warm Springs pool is again open.  I swam for almost an hour today.  It felt great to be back in the water.  I put on a few pounds and am a bit less fit for the duration, but am still considerably better off than I was three months ago when I had not swam in years.

Previously, I always had either Lea or a lifeguard hold my chair and do a sort of forward/side roll into the pool out of my chair while pivoting off a grip on the pool ladder.  Lea sat in the car today and the lifeguard was chatting with another lifeguard in the far corner of the pool.  Not wanting to wait another minute, I used the one brake on my left tire to lock the chair in place and did my usual splashy entry.  The brake was to keep the chair from following me into the pool.  That worked well.

The pool regulars were back in force on day one.  The moral of that story seems to be that swimmers like to swim.  There weren’t any adults in the water that I had not seen there before the break.


I am grateful to have convenient access to a wonderful warm swimming pool and amenities.

No comments:

Post a Comment