Making More Friends

I used to have using buddies in a largely sequential serial fashion—one using buddy at a time.  Now I have a small group of close friends.  That is a lot better than how it used to be.  Reading Attachment Disorder and Emotional IQ is motivating me to expand my “posse”.

My newest goal is to expand my social circle to a second tier of friends that I occasional do things with, but don’t see on a regular basis.  An obvious place to start is with my weekday mid-morning AA group that with most members in early sobriety.  All of us need to practice social skills with sober people.  I am going to organize events like dinner and a meeting, group craft projects, movie events and so on.  We can color or make collages at downtown Bellevue library in one of their meeting rooms for an easy starter event.

As a matter of fact, I just called Carol to see how she is doing.  We briefly talked about going to movie last week.  Hopefully we will do that sometime this month. 


I am grateful for the friends that I have and for the friends that I will soon be making.

No comments:

Post a Comment