Meeting At Crossroads Mall With Charlie and Mike

I meet with Charlie and Mike every Friday morning at Crossroads Mall.  We talk for awhile, read some recovery literature, discuss and leave to begin our weekends.  It is a great way for me to stay connected with two sober men that know me really well.  Today we got so engaged in discussing alcoholism as an attachment disorder/relationship problem we did not read.  That is the first in several years of meeting with Charlie that we did not read.  It was a great discussion.

It is painful to watch my friends in their serial frequent relapse behavior.  Greg had 44 days.  Lea claimed a month.  Then they used again.  I discussed stepping away from such frequent contact with Greg.  Mike told a story of a guy that brought a serial relapser to meetings for years—and then the relapser got sober.  I will continue to be the best friend I can be to Charlie, Mike, Greg and Lea.  They all like me.  Some need me more than others.


I am grateful for my friends, my sobriety, and being able to be of service to others.  It helps put my issues in a much more palatable perspective.  As Alice would say “I have a much classier set of problems today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment