Another 2nd Thursday Trip to Prison

Leslee, Lisa and I went to prison tonight.  We missed last month due scheduled electrical repair issues.  There is a wonderful sense of camaraderie between the three of us on the drive out there and especially on the drive home.

There was 20 inmates at the meeting tonight.  That is a very large turnout for the New Hope meeting at the Washington State Reformatory.  Tonight we talked about being responsible to others whether family or newcomers in AA.   For all of us, that is something either new in sobriety or that we done vastly better than how it used to be.


I am grateful for being able to be of service to others.  It gets me out of my apartment and “myself” (being stuck in my head with my own best thinking is a disaster waiting to happen).

No comments:

Post a Comment