Many Things or 14 Months…

I have lived at the same apartment for the last ten years.   I have had years of living by myself and years of living with roommates.  I had a job for five years.   It has been the most stable living situation in my adult life.

The last 14 months have been volatile for me starting with an eight month relapse after seven years of sobriety.  The last six months have been a time of spectacular spiritual and emotional growth along with a strong influx of mindfulness. 

Last November, it was not clear whether I would die homeless and alone in a gutter or get sober again.  Today, I am surrounded by love and support from people that love me.

I am much closer to being the person my higher power always intended me to be—kind, generous, loving, calm and thoughtful.  Well, at least a lot more than ever before in my life.  Progress, not perfection.

I am grateful for the miraculous personal growth I have achieved in the last six months. 



No comments:

Post a Comment