A Habit of Being Grateful


“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”     Ralph Waldo Emerson


Writing about gratitude every morning is habit for me.  I feel better and successful when I complete this part of my morning routine.

At a meeting last month, a member started their sharing with “my favorite Emerson quote is…”  I was able to follow up with “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds”  as my favorite Emerson quote since it was the only one I knew.  Now I have two favorite Emerson quotes.  More importantly, I have cultivated a habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to me.

I am grateful for my habit of being grateful for every good things that comes to me and continuously give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment