Becoming Mindful Through Meditation


Meditation is an important component of spirituality and most religions.  Prior to recovery, it was  not something I practiced nor even knew how to do.  Today it is a essential part of my daily routine in the morning and at night.   It is one of the new habits that I have been working on for 2013. 

I had meditated in the past 14 years, it was sporadic and uncertain.  At one time, I did a six month stretch of morning meditation.   I lacked the desire and commitment to keep it going beyond that.  

I know now that I need meditation to center myself each day.  My level of desire and commitment is much greater than how it used to be.

I am grateful for having learned how to meditate, my desire and commitment to meditate and the resulting serenity I get from my daily meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment