Beads and a Spaghetti Dinner

I am a huge fan of Craigslist.  Lea and Michelle wanted to try beading as a hobby.  I found a bead kit on CL for $10 in Snoqualmie.  The seller met us at an Issaquah parking lot by Costco.  After I got home, Lea and Michelle played all afternoon together like little girls making earrings, necklaces and bracelets.  It was the best $10 I have spent in a long time.  They both got robbed of their childhood.  Today was a great experience in reliving a much happier healthier childhood playing like little girls.  It was a far cry from how they were living life a year ago in the thralls of active addiction.

Michelle made a necklace for her cousin’s daughter that is graduating high school in two weeks.  She was ecstatic for having the wherewithal to be able to give the girl a nice graduation gift she made with love and her own two hands.

I talked with Greg while making a healthy meal of bratwurst in marinara sauce with penne pasta, broccoli, salad, garlic bread and watermelon for dessert.   We said grace and ate together.  That is a lot of “family” activity for 3 isolators that where always alone no matter how big the crowd they were with.  Today we are no longer alone.

I am grateful to be able help others create joy in recovery and for my recovery family.

No comments:

Post a Comment