A Rummage Sale at Mercer Island Presbyterian Church


I never go to garage sales due to a lack of wheelchair accessibility.  While websurfing earlier this week, a rummage sale at the MIPC came to my attention.  They had a Friday night session from 5 to 8.  Lea and I went over there at 7:45 for a hi-speed low budget shopping spree.

My hope was for large planting pots.  We found a few smaller pots, but nothing big.  I did find a nice large-ish copper-clad Revere cooking pot that I can lift with one hand for $5.   The largest pot I had was just a pinch too small to boil a pound of pasta without boiling over.  That should now be a solved problem.

Lea found some clothes and candles.  I got her a 4x8x12 wooden jewelry box to her beads, jewelry and such in.  I also got a wicker picnic basket.  For $22 and less than an one hour roundtrip, it was a nice budget shopping spree.  Is it still retail therapy when shopping at rummage sales?  Felt like it!

I am grateful for my treasure that was another (wo)man’s junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment