Repeating my healthy new habit of early morning writing, reading and meditation

I am working hard on changing my life for the better. That used to be a matter of willpower and diligence on my part—toughing it out. Changing the paradigm to creating new habits in the small steps of tiny habits is working extremely well for me on the first 9 days of the 2013.

Working through a 21-day lecture series by Dr Christine Carter has today's talk being on thinking of willpower as being a muscle that gets tired over the course of a day. A surprising concept is that willpower gets tired out by making decisions over the course of a day. Habits reduce the use of willpower since they don't require decisions.

My new morning habit of writing, a short spiritual reading, and then meditation is working well as a successful start of my day. It is comforting to have made good decisions that created this habit and rewarding to have taken these actions that make me feel better. It gives me self-esteem to make my day and my life better.

I am grateful for my healthy new habit of writing, reading and meditation.



PS: I had serious writer's block this morning and am pleased to have worked my way through it to have at least written something.

No comments:

Post a Comment