A Clear Sky in Winter

It is 8:06 AM. The rising sun has yet to shine in Bellevue. My narrow west view of the snow covered Olympic mountains shows them lit up in a pink tinge thanks to a rare stretch of clear skies in the NW winter. The downside of the clear skies is there was a freeze last night.

My resolution to do 90 in 90 hit a speedbump yesterday. I put off going to a meeting until the last meeting of the day. News reports discussed icy roads and I choose to not go to a meeting. I will go to a meeting today and attend two meetings someday soon.

I will meet with Michael M this afternoon and Joey this evening before going to the A Way Up meeting.

I am grateful for clear skies, beautiful sunrises, many local meetings and my friends in recovery.

2 comments:

  1. As I understand it, if you do two in one day, you'll make it up. Besides, you're not supposed to put yourself in road danger. I think it's about intent, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I knew that I was attempting for an average of 90 in 90 to avoid being defeated by acute weather or health conditions. Otherwise, my alcoholic grandiosity would do its best to have me quite for being less than perfect if I missed one meeting.

    ReplyDelete