Kindle and e-books

One of my strongest memories from kindergarten is being jealous of Gary Moon because he could already read. All of my life since then, I have been a reader.

Most of what I read today is digital media on an LCD screen. The homepage on my primary web browser, Google Chrome, is set to a Google RSS feed of 20+ RSS news feeds ranging from the Seattle Times to The Economist. My sister Karen gave me a Kindle for my birthday two years ago. I use it every day for reading novels.

I got a deal from http://www.baenebooks.com that allows me free complete access to all their books. I love science-fiction. I have access to more books than I can possibly read in the rest of my life. For a change of pace, I occasionally get large-print books from the King County library system. Last week I read three Lee Child books. That is enough of that for awhile.

The Royal Library of Alexandria was one of the largest libraries in the ancient world until it was accidentally burned down by Julius Caesar. I can access more books from my apartment than it ever held.

I am grateful for my Kindle, ebooks and RSS feeds that I read on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment