Partially processed food including frozen chicken breasts…

My friend Leslee gave me a gift bag of Japanese foods including Kikkoman Teriyaki Glaze. I made teriyaki chicken breasts with broccoli and rice. It was healthy and delicious. The glaze is much thicker than most teriyaki sauces.

There is a 10 pound bag of frozen chicken breasts from Costco in my freezer. They are fantastically more convenient to cook compared with back in the day when my Grandma would first raise the chickens, chop their heads off, pluck them in hot water, clean them, cut them into pieces and then cook chicken.

I was also able to wash & dry a load of clothes during the time it took to make dinner, eat dinner, clean up and blog this post. Clothes dryers are another miracle of modern living. Dryers are a lot more user friendly than having to wait for a dry day in the Northwest to hang the clothes on a line.

I am grateful for the labor saving conveniences of modern living including easily cooked delicious foods and clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment