Great role models

I am fortunate to have many great role models in my life that are close enough to me that I can emulate their behavior. Fellow trudgers leading the way in 12-step programs are close and simply for me to copy. Living Saints such as Gandhi or Mother Teresa don't resonate with me since their milieus are so different from mine.

Tonight I got to listen to Christine Carter speak in Seattle. She is the inspiration for my gratitude blogs. I have given away 5 copies of her book Raising Happiness to my friends. It is a easy reading combination of anecdotal examples based on sound scientific research into raising happier kids.

I don't have kids. Neither do my friends Gigi and Shawna. Yet we were still able to get a lot out of her lecture on how to improve our conflict resolution skills, enhance our relationships with others, and improve our overall happiness.

I am grateful for the role models in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment