Modern refrigeration

Feeling lazy about cooking tonight, it was dinner from the freezer. Pulled sausage, corn, potatoes and an ice cream bar from the freezer. I usually nuke frozen food in the microwave. Tonight I went all out and used a steamer/double-boiler for the corn. It was not gourmet. The food was good enough and could hardly have been easier to make.

I tend to cook a hunk of meat (chicken, pork, beef or fish by frequency) and maybe have a salad with it for a meal. Tonight's dinner was reasonably well balanced for me.

Some day I will work more on that diet and exercise thing. Lord (and anyone who sees me) knows that I need it.

I am grateful for my refrigerator/freezer and the amazingly wonderful selection of meats, veggies, fruits and prepared foods at local grocers that I can stick in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment