2015 – Day One

This morning was a slow start to the New Year.  My wheelchair will occasionally hit the dome light switch on headliner of my car.  If I don’t catch it in a couple hours my car won’t start due to a dead battery.  That happened this morning for the first time in a long time—maybe even a year.  I have battery powered jump starter device that did not work today.  We missed the morning meeting.  I had to watch college football bowl games all morning.

Michelle’s friend came over this afternoon.  While she was here, they jump-started my car.  Lea and I went to the end of a noon meeting and came home to…more football. 

It was arguably the best day ever for college football.  For the first time, there were two playoff games to determine a championship between the top four teams.  In a battle of Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks, #2 Oregon spanked #3 Florida 59-20 in the Rose Bowl.  #4 Ohio State won a thriller over #1 Alabama 42-35.  Oregon will play Ohio State on the 12th to crown a champion.  Wisconsin beat Auburn 34-31 in overtime and Michigan State beat Baylor 42-41. 

I just emailed the manufacturer of the jump starter device.  They might fix it by sending me a new battery or I might buy a better one.  It is darned handy to have an immediate solution to a dead battery caused by my wheelchair hitting the dome light which only happens when parked overnight at home.  If I have to buy a new one, I will get a more powerful model that hopefully lasts longer than 3+ years.

Now it is time to read some new books on my Kindle.

I am grateful for the entertainment I got from college football, eating King crab legs, having a green salad, not being stressed by minor car problems that can be easily fixed with enough time and a nice warm place to sleep tonight during freezing weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment