Feeling Better

I am feeling okay after five days of a mild, yet still unpleasant, bout of the flu.  I spent the last five days resting at home which was good to help me recover from the flu. 

Spending time isolating alone at home is counter-productive to my addiction recovery.   My roommates were not much help on the socialization department.  Thank god for free Kindle books from the library and other web sources, my two cats, a king-size bed and a giant TV.  I like reading while sick a lot more than watching TV, but it is good to have choices and switch around for a change of pace.


I am grateful to be feeling better and for only having had a mild case of the flu that did not require hospitalization or other medical care.  I look forward to getting back to meetings, swimming and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Good you are feeling better...Good you had warm home, hydration, some medicine to help you..Bad for your socialization but I think in your condition it was better for your health indeed..Now on to a wonderful 2015 and healthy happy recovery with plenty of friends to help you have a wonderful sober and happy new year..Chinese New Year coming up on Feb 19 2105 so you can celebrate with tea and Chinese and Asian foods which are good the mind and soul..I just gave our only child her holiday gift yesterday, never to late to spoil those we love, life is short make it happy each and everyday, ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say Chinese and Asian foods are good for the body and soul, something about tiny dumplings and rice(s) and savory dishes, pho or hot pots and soups of all manner and sweet little cookies to boost ones immune system..Also I get pomelos for my Vietnamese neighbors and wrap them up in red paper and give them a whole basket they go for it like you would not believe, they used to give us tiny envelopes in red with money for our only child, she adored the whole festival and the kindness & love of our neighbors, we did too, I always get them this Thai candy in Portland I have to travel to get it, it has coconut and dates it is delish the father loves it a symbol of friendship and a happy Vietnamese New Year, so enjoy your wood sheep new year, you are the boar which it is told is a spectacular year for you in the wood sheep! ciao!

    ReplyDelete