Overheated

I use a small electric heater to keep me warm when at my PC in the winter.  The last heater died three weeks ago.  I got a new one at Home Depot that is a ceramic case instead of plastic.  Turns out it puts out hotter air.  Burned the outside of my right ankle last night while writing.

Got an appointment for the burn clinic at Harborview in 11 days.  I will presumably go into their ER on Monday.  This sucks.  Fortunately it is not physically painful, but there is some psychic pain in that it has been a long time since I was directly responsible for having screwed-up causing damage like this.

I will likely be home-bound for the best part of a month waiting for this to heal—if all goes well.   At least I am over the flu.

I am grateful it is not worse.  

2 comments:

  1. We considered buying one of those ceramic heaters, lots of homes caught fire with them here in clark county, we just throw on more sweaters and sox. Hope it heals quckly and painlessly..ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are feeling better this sunday morning...Just read an article about rents in Seattle soaring, good you live in Bellevue and can afford to reside in that city and enjoy your apartment..take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete